Wednesday, September 18, 2013


SketchUp for Architects

Using Layout for Construction Documents


One of the questions always posed to me is "Do I need SketchUp Pro?". Probably the biggest advantage of the Pro version is the inclusion of an add-on program called Layout, which allows you to import your SketchUp model into construction documents and thendimension and annotate them there with more precision. Some architects and designers use this method solely to create their working drawings.

Below is a couple of examples to illistrate how powerful this feature is.




Interested in hearing more from the "guru" of architectural layouts: Check out this Youtube video by Nick Sonders athttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnHrdUCenzs&list=PLaVYG8XC1VouXpBQ2yvZFs-xmPPtmYb6b&index=1

1 comment:

  1. hi please I need help, I can not do my projects stay as what you posted.
    My land is not of this quality, I'm estudadante architecture.
    please help me.
      My name is Peter, I am here in Brazil, São Paulo.
    wait.
    my e mail: piresengconstrucao@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete